St. Petri - Protestant parish church
As the last of its medieval churches, the Teutonic Order had St. Petri Church built on a plague cemetery between 1352 and 1356. Addition of a massive base with a half-timbered upper storey in about 1577, construction of a tower with a characteristic pointed spire and conversion work in 1893 and 1895 lent the church its present appearance. Impressive for every visitor is the church roof with coloured tiles. Today the church is a station for pilgrims on the pilgrim route from Loccum to Volkenroda, who visit Mühlhausen on their last stage.