Schiller Church in Jena
Church in which Friedrich Schiller and Charlotte von Lengefeld were married in 1790.
The present church is a hall church dating from the 14th and 15th century, constructed here in the place of a predecessor built about 1300. It consists of two parts differing in style. The low and shortened nave is adjoined to the east by a one-span choir with an incomplete north tower. It ends in a polygonal shape on five sides of the octagon and originates from the construction period in the first third of the 15th century.