Watch Museum Ruhla
The watch making industry of Ruhla originated in the foundation of a metal factory by the brothers Thiel in 1862. For decades the watch making industry of Ruhla has developed and produced a great variety of watches, clocks and relating parts. On the occasion of the 140th anniversary the museum was opened by the company Garde -Uhren und Feinmechanik GmbH" on 12 September 2002. The museum is situated in a building under state protection for historical monuments, a 6-storey clinker brick building from 1932. The exhibition displays watch products, their assembly, adjustment and necessary technology.