Town Hall Mühlhausen
The Mühlhausen Town Hall with its complex in different architectural styles is an attraction that no visitor should miss. The two-storey Gothic core building dates from the middle of the 13th century and numerous extensions originate from the Renaissance and Baroque eras. Of particular interest are the large reception room in the Town Hall and the Grand Council Chamber with its Gothic and Renaissance painting. Since 1614, the Imperial Town Archives have been housed in the mezzanine in the south wing, recording the governing of the town and its relations with German kings since the 14th century.