Margaretha Reichardt House
The Erfurt artist and Bauhaus student Margaretha Reichardt opened a hand-weaving workshop in 1933 and passed on the intellectual and cultural principles of the Bauhaus as well as teaching the art of weaving.
The home and weaving centre of the Erfurt-born Bauhaus student Margaretha Reichardt was built in 1939 and has been a technical monument since 1987. The basement workshop houses several functioning hand-weaving looms, on which the Reichardt student Christine Leister today demonstrates the art of hand-weaving but also makes fabrics based on historic models. Margaretha Reichardt’s living quarters on the ground floor have been maintained in their original condition as a memorial and can be viewed.