Weimar Liszt House
The composer and piano virtuoso Franz Liszt lived in the former Court Gardener's House from 1869 until 1886, where he primarily devoted his time to teaching his international pupils. During his first stay in Weimar, Liszt,who was appointed Court Music Director in 1842, had lived in the "Altenburg" until 1861.
Shortly after his death, a section was opened as a museum. The furnishings of the living room and study remained unchanged, whereas the bedroom and dining room were later reconstructed. Since July 2006, Liszt's historic home has been supplemented by a permanent exhibition on the ground floor, presenting a comprehensive and vivid picture of the musician.