This town house, built at the beginning of the 16th century and redesigned in the 18th century, was owned by the court officials Franz and Karl Kirms in Goethe's era. The house was sold to the Weimar Town Council in 1916, which had it converted into a museum. With original furniture and many personal mementoes, it creates a picture of middle-class living in the Classicist and post-Classicist period. Privy Councillor Franz Kirms was one of the Weimar "Blumists" (botanists) and grew many rare plants. His niece Charlotte Krakow maintained this legacy until the 20th century. An exhibition of "Botany in Old Weimar" is on show in the Baroque garden house.