This complex is located on a steep slope (ascent to the Mühlberg), high above the river Saale. It was founded in 1830 by the supreme councillor Karl Werlich. On 09.05.1830, the 25th anniversary of the death of the poet, this complex was opened. In a cut-out niche in the sandstone rock there is a copy of the Schiller bust, made by Johann Heinrich Dannecker, a friend of Schiller. Below that, hewn into the rock is a stone plaque with the final lines of Schiller-s poem "Spaziergang" (Walk).