Botanic Garden Gera
The Botanic Garden was erected in 1863/64 as a middle-class garden complex with the characteristics of a natural park with many woods and two drinking-water sources. It served as educational garden for the pupils of this region ever since 1900. Today, the garden shows the vegetation of East Thuringia in combination with the exhibition of landscape ecology of the Museum for Natural History of Gera. The summer café on the terrace of the tower building is open on weekends.