Botanic Garden Altenburg
With some 3,000 plant species from nearly all the regions of the world, the garden is kind of a living museum, showing the diversity of plants. The following awaits you:
- a colourful rhododendron garden in the entrance area
- heather garden and Alpinum
- two summer beds with different bedding plants every year
- a 150 sqm greenhouse and a great variety of cacti and succulents
- idyllic pond area with adjoining stream below the historic summerhouse
- section with species of dyeing plants and area with wide variety of ferns
- lawns and rest areas
- numerous and rare shrubs and bushes from all over the world
- changing exhibitions and guided tours.
- At the moment, there is sadly only 1 bed which has been planted with the help of voluntary allotment gardeners.
- Negotiations are currently under way for another bed of shrubs in line with Karl Förster.