Bad Frankenhausen (sole spa)
Bad Frankenhausen, a spa town and health resort, extends you a warm welcome. Health and relaxation, history and culture, feel-good and enjoy - there are a wealth of reasons and many more facilities to tempt you to visit this tradition-rich region at the centre of Germany.
A stay for the benefit of your health in this picturesque cultural landscape, with its unusual flora and fauna and the adjoining Kyffhäuser Hills, will mean you discover time anew. A holiday in the peace of nature, combined with active leisure and sports facilities, will bring health to both body and mind. Recharge your batteries and be pampered by numerous landlords and hosts.
Superlatives in Bad Frankenhausen and surrounding area:
- The leaning tower is the most crooked in the world (the 56-metre tall Upper Church Tower is 4.60 metres off the perpendicular)
- Vital Park with brine water: a unique open-air health park with organically processed brine-water therapy and bathing pools, an inhalation pavillion, a Parcours Santé and lots more
- Bad Frankenhausen Panorama Museum: Largest panorama picture in Germany. The 123-metre wide and 14-metre high picture is the work of the Leipzig painter Prof. Werner Tübke.
- Kyffhäuser Monument: The deepest castle well in the world has a depth of 176 metres.
- Barbarossa Cave, Europe's only show cave in anhydrite rock.